Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome and Hello

Hi All and welcome to our new blog home. This space is something Andy and I (Jeni speaking) have talked about creating for a long time. I've been working away following the dialogue of our familial life for the past four years over here --> A Little Piece of Perfect, which has been a great outlet for me and a wonderful way to document our life and times for the consumption of friends and family. That space is mine though, and in this home of ours there is more than one creator. Andy, my better/kinder/manlier half, also creates in the form of delicious (sometimes healthy, sometimes not as much) food. My husband makes good food, true story. He started dabbling in the kitchen shortly after we were married in 2006, something I gladly welcomed as I by far prefer to clean up after the food production rather than labor in the kitchen making the magic happen. Unless it's for the sake of baking, but we will get to that. His successes were equal to his failures, if it's fair to call them that, in the beginning. Now, after sinking some five years of effort into the endeavor (and even catering a wedding in the midst) I can attest that he is pretty much the best cook I know AND his successes now greatly outweigh his occasional flop. My own chef, not bad right? He is also teaching our boys to cook as well, so if this goes right I just may never have to cook for myself again.

All this to say that this new space is going to be much more Andy's space than our little family blog. I will still provide the words, but all the meals and thought behind them are entirely his. My hope in this is twofold. One, we really need to start writing down just what exactly it is that he does in the kitchen since often times inspiration for a meal comes in the production and then disappears after the consumption. Andy doesn't follow recipes and he has yet to take the time to write his own down. Hopefully this will change that. Reason number two, I want to share my husband's good food with you all too. So welcome and hello to this new space of ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment